Updates on 2021 Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic (SDPWS)
by Lori Koch, P.E.
November 29, 2022; 11:00 AM - 12:00 Noon Pacific TimeSmall Business System Requirements FAQ Register
The 2021 Edition of Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic (SDPWS) is the latest update of the IBC-referenced document. The 2021 SDPWS was developed by AWC’s Wood Design Standards Committee (WDSC) and contains provisions for the design of wood members, fasteners, and assemblies to resist wind and seismic forces. This program will cover notable revisions between the 2021 and 2015 versions of the standard.
And learning objectives, if you need them as well:
ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 33879
- Be introduced to major changes between the 2021 SDPWS and previous editions
- Understand new format for shear wall and diaphragm capacity tables
- Learn about new tables for out-of-plane wind resistance for OSB and Plywood wall and roof sheathing
- Gain awareness of new shear wall and diaphragm provisions for cross-laminated timber (CLT)
Lori Koch joined the American Wood Council in 2012 and now serves as the Director of Educational Outreach. She oversees AWC educational offerings including their monthly webinars, assists with answering helpdesk inquiries, and provides educational content to design professionals across the US. She has served on committees with SEI and NCSEA, and is a board member of the SEA of Virginia. She has degrees in civil engineering and wood science, and is a licensed PE in Virginia.
|1 Connection||2 Connections||3 Connections||4 Connections||5 Connections||> 5 Connections|
|SMALL BUSINESS A FEE (MAX 2 CONNECTIONS ALLOWED)|
|Early Registration Discounted Fee* ($10 discount)||$65||$130|
|SMALL BUSINESS B FEE (MAX 2 CONNECTIONS ALLOWED)|
|Early Registration Discounted Fee* ($10 discount)||$75||$150|
|* Registration on or before November 27, 2022|
Please note a single registration allows you to have one connection. However, a number of people can view and listen to the seminar using one connection by using an LCD projector (or a large computer monitor) and good computer speakers or a speaker phone.
All attendees, irrespective of the number of registered connections, can earn 0.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or 1.0 professional development hours (PDHs). CEU/PDH certificates are provided free of charge.
- A connection is defined as a single web connection plus a single telephone connection (if necessary). If you want to sign up for more than one connection for this seminar, you will have the opportunity to do so after placing the seminar in your cart.
- A $15 fee will apply if the seminar registrant wishes to revise the web seminar registration (e.g. switch from one web seminar to another).
- Refunds are limited to 80 percent of fee and must be applied for in writing WITHIN THIRTY DAYS after the scheduled seminar.
- We are a registered provider for continuing education in the State of Florida (Provider # 4732), the State of New York (Provider # 99), the State of New Jersey (Provider # 24GP00014200), the State of Maryland, and for the Structural Engineers Certification Board (SECB) of the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA).