Ever-Changing Structural Provisions of Our Building Codes - Wind
by S. K. Ghosh, Ph.D.
March 18, 2021; 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM Pacific TimeSmall Business System Requirements FAQ Register
If you are experiencing issues in registering for this webinar, please call our office at (847) 991-2700, and we will handle your registration over the phone.
This webinar is about major, far-reaching changes in the wind provisions of U.S. codes and standards over the last three decades or so. This will include the very substantive changes in wind design
provisions from ASCE 7-10 to ASCE 7-16, which are reflected in the 2018 IBC. This is a chance to review where we have been and gives us an appreciation of the present with the insight of someone who long been intimately involved in the structural code development process. The major topics covered are:
ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 18627
- An Overview of the History and Development of Wind Provisions
- ASCE 7-10 to ASCE 7-16: Substantive Changes to Wind Design Provisions
Dr. S. K. Ghosh is known internationally for his work in earthquake engineering. He has influenced seismic design provisions in the United States for many years by serving on or chairing numerous committees and advisory panels. He specializes in the analysis and design, including wind and earthquake resistant design, of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures. Dr. Ghosh is active on many national technical committees and is a fellow of ASCE, SEI, ACI, and PCI. He is a member of ACI Committee 318, Standard Building Code, and the ASCE 7 Standard Committee (Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures). He is a former member of the Boards of Direction of the Building Seismic Safety Council (BSSC), the American Concrete Institute (ACI), and the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI). In addition to authoring many publications in the area of structural design, he has investigated and reported on structural performance in recent earthquakes.
|1 Connection||Each Additional Connection|
|Early Registration Discounted Fee*||$260||$60|
|* Registration on or before March 16, 2021|
Please note a single registration allows you to have one connection. However, a number of people can view and listen to the seminar using one connection by using an LCD projector (or a large computer monitor) and good computer speakers or a speaker phone.
All attendees, irrespective of the number of registered connections, can earn 0.25 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or 2.5 professional development hours (PDHs). CEU/PDH certificates are provided free of charge.
- A connection is defined as a single web connection plus a single telephone connection (if necessary). If you want to sign up for more than one connection for this seminar, you will have the opportunity to do so after placing the seminar in your cart.
- A $15 fee will apply if the seminar registrant wishes to revise the web seminar registration (e.g. switch from one web seminar to another).
- Refunds are limited to 80 percent of fee and must be applied for in writing WITHIN THIRTY DAYS after the scheduled seminar.
- We are a registered provider for continuing education in the State of Florida (Provider # 4732), the State of New York (Provider # 99), the State of New Jersey (Provider # 24GP00014200), the State of Maryland, and for the Structural Engineers Certification Board (SECB) of the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA).