Real World Examples to Provide Fire Rated Assemblies Using Approved Methods
by Stephen V. Skalko, P.E.
December 14, 2023; 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pacific TimeSmall Business System Requirements FAQ Register
ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 24215
The presentation will cover basic examples for providing fire rated assemblies such as walls, columns, beams and floors/roofs, for new building construction. The examples are for demonstrating compliance with the fire resistance requirements of the 2018 International Building Code. Course material presented will cover using code recognized technical resources and methods to document compliance.
- Participants will be given instruction on the use of the approved methods recognized in Chapter 7 of the IBC for meeting the required fire resistances of the building elements.
- Participants will gain a working knowledge of the technical resources available to document expected fire resistance of building elements.
- Participants will be presented real world examples to determine the fire resistance requirements for key building elements including the structural frame, floors, roofs and exterior walls using the approved methods.
Steve Skalko has over 35 years of experience in the application of building and fire safety codes to buildings. His experience includes code compliance with new building construction as well as existing buildings. He has been involved in the technical development of the International Building Code, NFPA 5000 – Building Construction and Safety Code and NFPA 101 – Life Safety Code on a national basis. He also has experience on the application of codes from a design and an enforcement point of view. He is the former Building Official and Fire Marshal for Macon-Bibb County, Georgia.
He has taught classes on application of building and fire safety codes for code officials, architects, engineers and contractors through numerous continuing education programs and is registered as an ICC Preferred Provider.
Steve graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Civil Engineering degree and from Georgia College and State University with a Master of Science in Administration degree. He is registered as a professional engineer in Georgia in the fields of civil engineering and fire protection engineering.
|1 Connection||2 Connections||3 Connections||4 Connections||5 Connections||> 5 Connections|
|* Registration on or before December 12, 2023|
Please note a single registration allows you to have one connection. However, a number of people can view and listen to the seminar using one connection by using an LCD projector (or a large computer monitor) and good computer speakers or a speaker phone.
All attendees, irrespective of the number of registered connections, can earn 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or 2.0 professional development hours (PDHs). CEU/PDH certificates are provided free of charge.
- A connection is defined as a single web connection plus a single telephone connection (if necessary). If you want to sign up for more than one connection for this seminar, you will have the opportunity to do so after placing the seminar in your cart.
- A $15 fee will apply if the seminar registrant wishes to revise the web seminar registration (e.g. switch from one web seminar to another).
- Refunds are limited to 80 percent of fee and must be applied for in writing WITHIN THIRTY DAYS after the scheduled seminar.
- We are a registered provider for continuing education in the State of Florida (Provider # 4732), the State of New York (Provider # 99), the State of New Jersey (Provider # 24GP00014200), the State of Maryland, and for the Structural Engineers Certification Board (SECB) of the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA).