Two Parts on 2021 IEBC
by Chris Kimball, S.E., P.E., MCP, CBO
PART 1: October 11, 2023; 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pacific Time
PART 2: October 17, 2023; 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pacific TimeSmall Business System Requirements FAQ
Register for PART 2
ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 37128
ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 37129
Part 1: Introduction & Prescriptive Path
This course will provide an overall introduction to the layout of the IEBC as well as a discussion of its importance. The portions of the code that apply to all projects will be discussed. The IEBC provides multiple paths for compliance, and Part 1 of this presentation will focus on the "Prescriptive" path.
Part 2: The Work Area and Performance Paths
This will focus on the "Work Area" and "Performance" paths of compliance. Examples will be provided for each. The last portion of the class will include example projects that will be looked at from a prescriptive, work area, and performance approach so that attendees will have a good feel for the limitations and benefits of each method.
Chris Kimball, S.E., P.E., MCP, CBO, has more than 20 years of experience in the design, construction and building safety industries. He is a licensed structural engineer and an ICC Master Code Professional in addition to being an ICC certified building official, fire code official, combination plans examiner, and combination inspector. He has performed plan reviews for thousands of projects throughout the United States and is frequently asked to provide code training to design professionals, building officials, and contractor organizations. He is the author of the 2018 International Existing Building Code Handbook, in addition to several other code publications. Chris has served as past president of the Structural Engineer's Association of Utah as well as for the Beehive Chapter of ICC and has received numerous awards for his service in the building safety industry.
|1 Connection||2 Connections||3 Connections||4 Connections||5 Connections||> 5 Connections|
|* Registration for PART 1 on or before October 9, 2023
* Registration for PART 2 on or before October 15, 2023
Please note a single registration allows you to have one connection. However, a number of people can view and listen to the seminar using one connection by using an LCD projector (or a large computer monitor) and good computer speakers or a speaker phone.
All attendees, irrespective of the number of registered connections, can earn 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or 2.0 professional development hours (PDHs). CEU/PDH certificates are provided free of charge.
- A connection is defined as a single web connection plus a single telephone connection (if necessary). If you want to sign up for more than one connection for this seminar, you will have the opportunity to do so after placing the seminar in your cart.
- A $15 fee will apply if the seminar registrant wishes to revise the web seminar registration (e.g. switch from one web seminar to another).
- Refunds are limited to 80 percent of fee and must be applied for in writing WITHIN THIRTY DAYS after the scheduled seminar.
- We are a registered provider for continuing education in the State of Florida (Provider # 4732), the State of New York (Provider # 99), the State of New Jersey (Provider # 24GP00014200), the State of Maryland, and for the Structural Engineers Certification Board (SECB) of the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA).