Four Parts - A Preview of Changes from ACI 318-14 to ACI 318-19
by S. K. Ghosh, Ph.D.
PART 1: November 3, 2020; 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM Pacific Time
PART 2: November 5, 2020; 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM Pacific Time
PART 3: November 10, 2020; 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM Pacific Time
PART 4: November 12, 2020; 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM Pacific Time
Register for PART 1
Register for PART 2
Register for PART 3
Register for PART 4
* 25% discount applies if you register for all 4 webinars
PART 1 ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 24726
PART 2 ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 24727
PART 3 ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 24930
PART 4 ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 26214
Receive a 15% discount on any of our products when purchased with a seminar registration.
There is a large number of technical changes from ACI 318-14 to ACI 318-19, many of which are quite
substantive and some of which are of far-reaching consequences. An overview of the extensive
changes will be provided in four 2-hour web seminars. Part 1 will address changes in Chapters 1
through 15. Part 2 will discuss changes in Chapters 16, 17, and 18. Changes in Chapters 19-24 will
be presented in Part 3. Part 4 will address changes in Chapters 25-27 and Appendix A. Some adjustments
in the above divisions may have to be made. Some of the bigger ACI 318-19 changes are:
- Introduction of high-strength reinforcement (80- and 100-ksi yield strength)
- Introduction of reinforcement grade factor in equation for straight bar development length
- New equation for hooked bar development length
- New and simpler one-way shear equations for nonprestressed members
- Updated two-way shear provisions for two-way slabs
- Newly added provisions for screw anchors and shear lugs
- Introduction of shotcrete provisions
- Deep foundation design provisions of IBC/ACE 7 imported into ACI 318
- Extensive and important revisions to Chapter 18, Earthquake-resistant structures
Ample opportunities to ask questions will be provided in each part.
The views and opinions expressed in this seminar are those of the speaker(s) and do not necessarily reflect those held by S. K. Ghosh Associates LLC.
Dr. S. K. Ghosh is known internationally for his work in earthquake engineering. He has influenced seismic design provisions in the United States for many years by serving on or chairing numerous committees and advisory panels. He specializes in the analysis and design, including wind and earthquake resistant design, of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures. Dr. Ghosh is active on many national technical committees and is a fellow of ASCE, SEI, ACI, and PCI. He is a member of ACI Committee 318, Standard Building Code, and the ASCE 7 Standard Committee (Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures). He is a former member of the Boards of Direction of the Building Seismic Safety Council (BSSC), the American Concrete Institute (ACI), and the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI). In addition to authoring many publications in the area of structural design, he has investigated and reported on structural performance in recent earthquakes.
|* Part 1 registration on or before November 1, 2020
|* Part 2 registration on or before November 3, 2020
|* Part 3 registration on or before November 8, 2020
|* Part 4 registration on or before November 10, 2020
To receive the reduced price for additional connections, please call us at 847-991-2700 or email us at email@example.com
All attendees, irrespective of the number of registered connections, can earn 0.25 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or 2.5 professional development hours (PDHs). CEU/PDH certificates are provided free of charge.
Small Business Registration
We provide discounted registration for small businesses. If you are not registered with us as a small business yet, please click below for more information.
Small Business Benefits and Eligibility
- A connection is defined as a single web connection plus a single telephone connection
(if necessary). If you want to sign up for more than one connection for this seminar, you will have the opportunity to do so after placing the seminar in your cart.
- A $15 fee will apply if the seminar registrant wishes to revise the web seminar registration (e.g. switch from one web seminar to another).
- Refunds are limited to 80 percent of fee and must be applied for in writing WITHIN THIRTY DAYS after the scheduled seminar.
- We are a registered provider for continuing education in the State of Florida (Provider # 4732), the State of New York (Provider # 99), the State of New Jersey (Provider # 24GP00014200), the State of Maryland, and for the Structural Engineers Certification Board (SECB) of the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA).