Three Parts on Precast Concrete Parking Structures
by Ned M. Cleland, Ph.D., P.E.
PART 1 - May 23, 2023; 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pacific Time
PART 2 - May 25, 2023; 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pacific Time
PART 3 - July 11, 2023; 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pacific TimeRegister for PART 3
Small Business System Requirements FAQ
PART 1 - ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 36611
PART 2 - ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 36612
PART 1 - ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 36613
Seminar DescriptionPART 1 - Parking Garage Design Using Precast, Prestressed Concrete and Connections
This webinar covers the design of parking garages with particular attention to the considerations needed when framing the structure with precast, prestressed concrete. The presentation will cover functional considerations, codes requirements, precast concrete framing systems for gravity land lateral forces, and some of the details of precast concrete components and connections.
PART 2 - Wind and Seismic Design
This webinar will cover functional code requirements and occupancy considerations as well as the structural system requirements for parking structures. System design details that are distinct to parking garages will be covered.
PART 3 - Design of Connections and Components
The application of precast concrete to parking garage design and construction uses common components and connections, with consideration of the distinct requirements that the parking function imposes. This webinar will cover selection and consideration of precast components and the methods used to connect these components into a functioning system.
Dr. Cleland has forty-six years of experience in structural analysis, design, research, and engineering management. Dr. Cleland has extensive experience in precast/prestressed design, detailing and construction and has design or supervised the design of over 350 parking garages. He is a past chairman of PCI’s Parking Structure Committee and of the PCI Technical Activity Council. He currently chairs the PCI Design Standard Committee.
|1 Connection||2 Connections||3 Connections||4 Connections||5 Connections||> 5 Connections|
|* PART 1 Registration on or before May 21, 2023
* PART 2 Registration on or before May 23, 2023
* PART 3 Registration on or before July 9, 2023
Please note a single registration allows you to have one connection. However, a number of people can view and listen to the seminar using one connection by using an LCD projector (or a large computer monitor) and good computer speakers or a speaker phone.
All attendees, irrespective of the number of registered connections, can earn 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or 2.0 professional development hours (PDHs). CEU/PDH certificates are provided free of charge.
Small Business Registration
We provide discounted registration for small businesses. If you are not registered with us as a small business yet, please click below for more information.
- A connection is defined as a single web connection plus a single telephone connection (if necessary). If you want to sign up for more than one connection for this seminar, you will have the opportunity to do so after placing the seminar in your cart.
- A $15 fee will apply if the seminar registrant wishes to revise the web seminar registration (e.g. switch from one web seminar to another).
- Refunds are limited to 80 percent of fee and must be applied for in writing WITHIN THIRTY DAYS after the scheduled seminar.
- We are a registered provider for continuing education in the State of Florida (Provider # 4732), the State of New York (Provider # 99), the State of New Jersey (Provider # 24GP00014200), the State of Maryland, and for the Structural Engineers Certification Board (SECB) of the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA).