Ultra-High Performance Concrete (UHPC) Based Structural Engineering Solutions
by Atorod Azizinamini, Ph.D., P.E.
June 2, 2022; 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pacific TimeSmall Business System Requirements FAQ Register
Ultra High-Performance Concrete (UHPC) is a cementitious material that has minimum 18 ksi compressive strength and significantly more tensile strength (more than 1 ksi) tensile strength, as compared to conventional concrete. UHPC provides possible new horizon to be innovative and provide economical solutions for many structural challenges. UHPC has gained popularity in bridge engineering. However, its application to building structures has lagged behind. Nevertheless, application of UHPC in bridge engineering, provides glimpse of many benefits it offers for building applications. This presentation will mainly present UHPC based solutions in bridge engineering. Some of the topics that will be discussed, includes the following:
ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: 31249
- Defining UHPC as a material
- How to produce Non-proprietary UHPC
- UHPC a means to seal structure and prevent corrosion
- How to bond Fresh UHPC to adjacent hardened Normal strength concrete
- How to bond fresh normal strength concrete to already hardened UHPC
- UHPC a means to eliminate formwork and shorten construction time
- Strengthening columns using UHPC
- Strengthening deficient structural members using UHPC in conjunction with pneumatic process (shotcreting)
- Pilot study demonstrating economy of using UHPC in high rise building.
- Trending topics related to use of UHPC with emphasis on additive construction (3D printing)
Dr. Azizinamini research focuses on Structural Engineering and bridge engineering. He has developed several bridge engineering products and systems, such as Folded Plate Steel Bridge system that is being used in several states. Under SHRP2 R19A, he developed the “Guide to Service Life Design of Bridges”, that became the foundation for development of AASHTO LRFD bridge service life design guide. For his contributions to bridge engineering, he has received number of awards that includes: AISC Special Achievement award and 2015 White House Champion of Change: Transportation Innovator award, that was given to him on October 13, 2015 in a ceremony at White House. He worked six years in consulting offices, before joining academia.
|1 Connection||2 Connections||3 Connections||4 Connections||5 Connections||> 5 Connections|
|* Registration on or before May 31, 2022|
Please note a single registration allows you to have one connection. However, a number of people can view and listen to the seminar using one connection by using an LCD projector (or a large computer monitor) and good computer speakers or a speaker phone.
All attendees, irrespective of the number of registered connections, can earn 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or 2.0 professional development hours (PDHs). CEU/PDH certificates are provided free of charge.
- A connection is defined as a single web connection plus a single telephone connection (if necessary). If you want to sign up for more than one connection for this seminar, you will have the opportunity to do so after placing the seminar in your cart.
- A $15 fee will apply if the seminar registrant wishes to revise the web seminar registration (e.g. switch from one web seminar to another).
- Refunds are limited to 80 percent of fee and must be applied for in writing WITHIN THIRTY DAYS after the scheduled seminar.
- We are a registered provider for continuing education in the State of Florida (Provider # 4732), the State of New York (Provider # 99), the State of New Jersey (Provider # 24GP00014200), the State of Maryland, and for the Structural Engineers Certification Board (SECB) of the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA).