Two Parts on Design of Post-Tensioned Diaphragms
by Bryan Allred, S.E.
Part 1: September 21, 2021; 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pacific Time
Part 2: September 23, 2021; 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pacific TimeSmall Business System Requirements Register Part 1 Register Part 2
ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: Part 1 - 26134
ICC Preferred Provider Course Number: Part 2 - 26135
- Diaphragm Forces
- Diaphragm Analysis – Different Approaches
- Moment and Shear Diagrams
- Diaphragm Design – Two Methods Used – Wood versus Concrete
- “Wood” Design Example
- Diaphragm Design – Concrete Method Example
- Comparison between Different Methods
- Use of Precompression in Diaphragm Design
- Collectors and use of Omega Factor
- Chord Design
Bryan Allred, S.E. is a licensed structural engineer who specializes in the design of reinforced concrete buildings utilizing post-tensioned floor systems. He is the co-author of the book “Post-Tensioned Concrete Principles and Practice” which covers the design of post-tensioned concrete structures from basic fundamentals to specific construction detailing. Bryan is a fellow of the Post-Tensioning Institute (PTI), a member of their Building Design Committee and has given numerous PTI educational seminars across the country highlighting the use and benefits of post-tensioning.
|1 Connection||2 Connections||3 Connections||4 Connections||5 Connections||> 5 Connections|
|* Registration on or before September 19, 2021|
Please note a single registration allows you to have one connection. However, a number of people can view and listen to the seminar using one connection by using an LCD projector (or a large computer monitor) and good computer speakers or a speaker phone.
All attendees, irrespective of the number of registered connections, can earn 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or 2.0 professional development hours (PDHs). CEU/PDH certificates are provided free of charge.
- A connection is defined as a single web connection plus a single telephone connection (if necessary). If you want to sign up for more than one connection for this seminar, you will have the opportunity to do so after placing the seminar in your cart.
- A $15 fee will apply if the seminar registrant wishes to revise the web seminar registration (e.g. switch from one web seminar to another).
- Refunds are limited to 80 percent of fee and must be applied for in writing WITHIN THIRTY DAYS after the scheduled seminar.
- We are a registered provider for continuing education in the State of Florida (Provider # 4732), the State of New York (Provider # 99), the State of New Jersey (Provider # 24GP00014200), the State of Maryland, and for the Structural Engineers Certification Board (SECB) of the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA).